1. Descriptions of Wireless RF Sub-GHz Transceiver Module RFM12BW:
Hope's RF12B is a single chip, low power, multi-channel FSK transceiver designed for use in applications requiring FCC or ETSI conformance for unlicensed use in the 433, 868 and 915 MHz bands. The RF12B transceiver produces a flexible, low cost, and highly integrated solution that does not require production alignments.
The chip is a complete analog RF and baseband transceiver including a multi-band PLL synthesizer with PA, LNA, I/Q down converter mixers, baseband filters and amplifiers, and an I/Q demodulator. All required RF functions are integrated. Only an external crystal and bypass filtering are needed for operation.
The RF12B features a completely integrated PLL for easy RF design, and its rapid settling time allows for fast frequency-hopping, bypassing multi-path fading and interference to achieve robust wireless links. The PLL??s high resolution allows the usage of multiple channels in any of the bands. The receiver baseband bandwidth (BW) is programmable to accommodate various deviation, data rate and crystal tolerance requirements.
The transceiver employs the Zero-IF approach with I/Q demodulation. Consequently, no external components (except crystal and decoupling) are needed in most applications. The RF12B dramatically reduces the load on the microcontroller with the integrated digital data processing features: data filtering, clock recovery, data pattern recognition, integrated FIFO and TX data register. The automatic frequency control (AFC) feature allows the use of a low accuracy (low cost) crystal. To minimize the system cost, the RF12B can provide a clock signal for the microcontroller, avoiding the need for two crystals.
For low power applications, the RF12B supports low duty cycle operation based on the internal wake-up timer.
2. Features of Wireless RF Sub-GHz Transceiver Module RFM12BW:
● Fully integrated (low BOM, easy design-in)
● No alignment required in production
● Fast-settling, programmable, high-resolution PLL synthesizer
● Fast frequency-hopping capability
● High bit rate (up to 115.2 kbps in digital mode)
● Direct differential antenna input/output
● Integrated power amplifier
● Programmable TX frequency deviation (15 to 240 kHz)
● Programmable RX baseband bandwidth (67 to 400 kHz)
● Analog and digital RSSI outputs
● Automatic frequency control (AFC)
● Data quality detection (DQD)
● Internal data filtering and clock recovery
● RX synchron pattern recognition
● SPI compatible serial control interface
● Clock and reset signals for microcontroller
● 16 bit RX Data FIFO
● Two 8 bit TX data registers
● Low power duty cycle mode
● Standard 10 MHz crystal reference
● Wake-up timer
● 2.2 to 3.8 V supply voltage
● Low power consumption
● Low standby current (0.3µA)
● Supports very short packets (down to 3 bytes)
● Excellent temperature stability of the RF parameters
● Good adjacent channel rejection/blocking
3. Applications of Wireless RF Sub-GHz Transceiver Module RFM12BW:
● Toy controls
● Remote keyless entry
● Tire pressure monitoring
● Personal/patient data logging
● Remote automatic meter reading
Notice : We have no plan to discontinue this item for the coming years, in case in the future we decide to stop the production of this item, we will issue a notice in public in advance for 24 months.